Clients from Hell: group therapy
Article for online trends magazine TheTrendNet
If we were to lie on a couch before the silence of a psychoanalyst, sooner or later, we would end up telling all those stories that have kept us awake at night or have made us burst out into fits of nervous laughter. If the psychoanalyst were any good, they would be able to rescue from deep, deep, down inside, that client’s voice that once asked us to ‘darken the black’ or do him the ‘little favour of converting word documents to PDF 357′. “You have to let it all out till you can make all these clients who’ve put you through such horror stories go to hell”, they would say upon ending the session.
Fortunately, and thanks to the creators of Clients from Hell
I recommend a regular visit to Clients from Hell as if it were, to all effects and purposes, group therapy. In fact, it already has over 90,000 followers on Facebook, so everything is set up for it to work. Let’s start, for example, by reading the following quotes:
- “Oh we can’t use this design… it’s too nice”
- “Here is a list of sites you can steal images from”
- “What’s your email address?” (sent via e-mail)
- “I’m trying to type my password, but all I see are stars”
- “I’ve decided on the photos that I would like you to use on the website. They are attached to this email. Please send them back when you’re finished as they are my only copies. Thanks!”
The fact that Clients from Hell works is proved by the leap to printed press that it has recently made via the publisher Channel V Books. We know all too well that they can start preparing future editions as from now, as the relationship between clients and designers allows for many, many therapy sessions.